Hello lovelies, this is another beautiful day for me as I am sharing some great news with all of you. I have received the second award since I started blogging exactly 3 weeks ago. The first was Bloggers Recognition Awards 2017 and exactly a week later, I have received the Leibster awards 2017. How cool is that guys (smiles)
I was nominated for the liebster awards 2017 by beautiful Preeti Gaur. She owns and manages a cute blog Scenario of Life If you wish to know more about her, she has a special post describing herself and her experience so far here.
I must appreciate Preeti for considering my small corner in the internet worth recognition.
ABOUT THE LIEBSTER AWARDS
- This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
- It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)
- It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
- It can be misconstrued, depending upon your personal views, as either something wonderful (who doesn’t like awards?) or as an annoyance (a chain letter that involves work).
- The choice lies within each of us to ACCEPT it, and continue PAYING IT FORWARD or to refuse to accept it, thereby STOPPING or INTERRUPTING the chain. However, if you stop the chain, you are only hurting yourself (keep reading for benefits you will have)!
- Personal views play an important part in our choice to participate. Some people have refused to accept it and have made attempts to “break the chain”. There have been many people who have been nominated, yet refused to accept it, and now their blogs have been abandoned.
- Variations have been made over time to the “rules”.
- Marketing plays a role in accepting this award, as other bloggers are promoted. (This is not a bad thing, however, since people should help others!)
- Other awards are a part of the whole “meme“. These include “One Lovely Blog Award”, the “Sunshine Blog Award” and the “Versatile Writer Award”.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
11 Facts About me
- I love to do a lot of exercise
- I love to take care of my skin and my face.
- I don’t exactly love food, but I eat a lot.
- My favourite fruit is pineapple
- My favourite color is Purple
- I always sing when I am in the bathroom.
- Can be annoying sometimes but very sweet other times.
- I am very innovative when I am broke, my sisters can explain better.
- Business inclined and independent lady.
- I am an engineering student that loves fashion
- I love to play games and make myself or others up.
Answers to questions given to me by my nominee
- What do you enjoy most about blogging
My answer: I love the fact that I can express myself to my readers and teach them the little I know about fashion and makeup while learning new things in the process.
I also love it because it gives me the beautiful feeling that I am achieving my dreams finally!
- Why did you start blogging, what inspired you?
My answer: I love fashion and I love makeup and I knew that blogging about these two things that I love will not only make me know more, it would help me reach to others that love these things as well and help them in the little way I can and at the same time, make some money.
So, you can say that I inspired myself.
- Aside from your own site, what is your favourite blog?
My answer: Aside from my site, I love to visit Elizabeth Duclose’s site. I go to her site when I am facing a major problem that I am sure she must have written about. She inspires me a lot.
- What do you find most challenging about blogging?
My answer: So far, I have been having a lot of challenges, reason being that I am still new in the blogging system and I still have challenges till this very day. The major one now is that I still do not completely seem to understand SEO and how I can rank in googles first page.
The funny thing is that my first post did, but since then, I have not been able to make that happen again.
- What do you do when you get writers block?
My answer: So far, I have not experienced such but I guess i would just go read generally about my niche to get new ideas about what to write about if I face such issues.
- Is blogging your full time job? If not, then how do you manage it?
My answer: Aside from being a blogger, I am also a student. Luckily for me, I started this blog while school was on holidays and I am yet to resume, so I don’t have an answer to that yet, but when I do, I would share it with my readers.
- Your house is on fire! Aside from people, what do you save?
My answer: My laptop and phone
- If you have a book you re-read often, what is it? If not, what’s your favourite book?
My answer: I don’t enjoy reading books though but If I were to be interested in a book at all, it has to be a book with action and suspense, but I really doubt if I would read it again no matter how interesting it is.
- What is your favourite time of the year?
My answer: I love the holiday Christmas season which we are entering soon.
- What is our favourite inspirational quote/ quotes?
My answer: One day at a time!
This is implying that you should not bother about what happens tomorrow now, but do the little you can today.
- What motivates you to keep blogging?
My answer: I have a target in life and I have dreams and goals I wish to achieve, I believe that this blog is the first step to achieving these goals, so the thought of that keeps me going.
Now, My questions for my nominees,
- What are your dream travel destinations?
- How did you come up with a name for your blog?
- How successful are you in growing your social media following?
- What are your hubbies and how does it relate to your blog?
- If you were given a chance to change something about last year, what would it be?
- Where do you visit for blogging tips?
- What do you hope to achieve through blogging?
- Give some advice to new bloggers?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Best piece of advice you ever received?
- What is your biggest achievement so far as a blogger?
My lovely nominees for this award are
- Yenyen Setier owner of Flower child sunrays
- Tatyana Ransome owner of The Xtatyana
- Feira Taylor owner of wild flower and pearl
- Ankur Bhalerao owner of technoscience with Ab
Thank you for reading and i hope you enjoyed it. If you wish to participate in any of the questions, do that in the comment box and we would be happy to read.
Look out for my next blog post, until then, much love!